Time to look back at the highlights of 2013:
- I turned 54 in February!
- I took a photography class in February/March. It really has improved my pictures.
- Dianne’s Excellent Northern Adventure in March – I was flown around the north (all the way up to Uranium City) doing readings. An excellent adventure indeed!
- Wild Birds Unlimited opened in Saskatoon in April. My new favourite store that’s not a bookstore – although I have bought books there already.
- I ran my first non-stop 5K in June and did it in under 45 minutes!
- Went to the horse races for the first time in July. I even ended up ahead!
- A five day writing retreat in Muenster in July – wonderful!
- Started looking into my family tree in August. Fascinating stuff.
- Received an Honourable Mention for one of my photographs at the Saskatoon Ex. Not bad for my first time!
- Spent five glorious days tenting at Kimbal Lake in August.
- Was diagnosed with sleep apnea in September. Might not sound like a highlight, but getting the CPAP machine that now allows me to really sleep – priceless!
- Attended the CANSCAIP (Canadian Society for Children’s Authors, Illustrators and Performers) Conference in Lumsden in October. Fantastic!
- Read Getting Things Done by David Allen. Finally, an organizational system that works for me! Love, love, love it and highly recommend it.
- Added 20 new birds to my photographed life list, and 5 new butterflies!
Here’s to making even more memories in 2014!